Teacher Training Description
Playa Pilates offers a full 450-hr comprehensive teacher training program lead by founder Keary Ann Bixby PMA®CPT. After opening her first Pilates studio in 2004 Keary continues to share her passion for this amazing fitness movement through her teacher trainings. If your are ready to take the next steps to creating an amazing career in Pilates please contact us about joining our next Teacher Training starting April 21, 2017.
Included in the 450-hr Comprehensive Pilates Training is a Mat Pilates Training. If you are interested in signing up for the Mat Pilates portion only that option is available. The Mat Pilates Training is held the 1st two weekends of the full Comprehensive training. Email Keary@playapilates.com for more information!
During the course we will cover the Pilates exercises and different pieces of equipment in great detail. Students will also be able to utilize the Playa Pilates studio for many of their observation hours, self practice, and student teaching. Our goal is to leave you with the skills to accurately assess each client and provide the Pilates training needed to accomplish their individual fitness goals. The knowledge to train clients with the Pilates method at any fitness level or with any physical limitation is learned throughout our 450-hr Comprehensive Teacher Training. Truly teaching the body in front of you takes confidence and great knowledge. Choosing Playa Pilates guarantees a comprehensive training to get you to the level needed to enjoy a lengthy career in Pilates.
Upon completing Playa Pilates teacher training you will be able to take the PMA (Pilates Method Alliance) exam. Continuing education credits will be offered through the internationally recognized organization all year long. Playa Pilates will also offer workshops with continuing education credits approved by the PMA.
Requirements for Completion of the 450-hr Training:
- Anatomy & Movement Science: includes structural & movement analysis as well as injuries & conditions
- Pilates Philosophy, History, & Code of Ethics
- Mat Instructor training: Exercises,course work, written & practical test
- Reformer Instructor training: Exercises, course work, written & practical test
- Cadillac/Tower: Exercises, course work, written & practical test
- Chair: Exercises, course work, written & practical test
- 75 self practice hours, 115 student teaching hours, 75 Observation Hours. 20 observation hours for each module suggested
- Final exam upon completion
If you have already completed portions of this training elsewhere please contact us to discuss joining individual weekend intensive trainings. To become a fully trained Pilates Instructor, students must complete the above requirements. Upon completion of all of the requirements, a certificate of completion will be issued.